Friday, September 5, 2014

Google Apps

Google has truly revolutionized technology. I signed up for my first google account sometime in my teenage years for a gmail account, back then you had to be invited. At the time I thought it was pretty cool, I already used the search engine everyday and I wanted to get away from my aol email- the You've got mail slogan was kind of getting to me. Today and multiple google accounts later, not to mention the tens of thousands emails later (most of  it junk) I'm still an avid google user. 

The use of google apps can truly bring education to the home. All of the apps allow for students to continue their education from the comfort of their own home wearing their pajamas and fuzzy slippers while they do work. No longer do students have the excuse, oh I didn't have the software to do that assignment. The beauty of google apps is that it's all web based. Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are suitable replacements for Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint respectively. These apps also provide versatility, you can save your assignment to their Google Drive app which will let you access it from any device and allow you to continue to work. Moreover, Google's site app can bring it all together in a website form without the hassle of writing code to share it with the world.

 Google is helping simplify how education can be taught not only in classrooms but any place that has an internet connection. With that being said, that might be the only downside. Internet access can be costly for some families, not allowing all student access to the internet and Google apps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment